Thursday, June 29, 2006

Canning and Freezing


This lovely picture is of sweet cucumber relish, newly canned. I absolutely love this stuff! Especially with Great Northern beans and cornbread! Grammy, Claire, Luke, and I canned this just this morning; the recipe made five and a half pints, but they're not all on there in the picture. We did a red bell pepper this year; we haven't done that before, but i think it turned out quite well.

We also froze a couple of quarts of sqash casserole "mix". We cook down the squash, peppers, and onions, mash it all up, and put it in the freezer boxes.

3 comments:

kali marie said...

Hooray! Now I'm not the only girl with a blog!

And thanks for the recipe; looks good! I guess I have to post something now. :)

Claire B. said...

Great photography, I say. Hee, hee. ;)

Laura said...

Yours, dearie, isn't much better!

(I personally don't like smiling cows!)