Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shakespeare

I've been trying to get through all of Shakespeare's plays. Perhaps I wouldn't feel like doing this had not the plays all been in one large book. For some reason I cannot make myself only partially read a book, whether it be a book of other books or not. So far, I've read over half of these famous plays, and I've understood them well enough (surprisingly!). However, lugging this book around the house with me is becoming tedious, and I will rejoice when I am through.

I found a quote I wanted to post on here, although I am not entirely sure what they are talking about in the context of the play. It can be applied to today's world though:

Sands: New customs, though they be never so ridiculous, nay, let 'em be unmanly, yet are followed.

That's from King Henry VIII, Act I, Scene III.

No comments: