Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stuff...(What do you do when you don't have a "title"?)

The answer to the last question is either to let him come back in his own time or let your kind neighbor put him back in. We don't know which happened the other day.

I finished my "summer school" yesterday just in time to start the other, regular school. We watched "Much Ado About Nothing" yesterday as part of our Shakespeare course that we have just started. I really enjoyed it, but there were a couple of places we had to fast forward through. We have noticed that movies made in England seem to have many of the same actors in them. Emma Thompson is in a lot that we enjoy.

I finished my part of Mama's Civil War dress! I did all her requested changes, and they really made the dress easier than mine. Mama still has to do the hem and sew on four buttons and about 13 hooks and eyes. I may end up doing the hem if she doesn't get around to it soon. I will have to describe the dress because she won't allow me to put pictures on here.

Let's see, her material is a dark blue with white, floral print on it; it truly is beautiful, but you have to see it to appreciate it. She has view a, but her bodice is not gathered or lined. We attached the skirt to the bodice with a casing for elastic. Her skirt is not cartridge pleated like mine; instead it is gathered (which the cartridge pleats really are that too, just more evenly spaced).

1 comment:

kali marie said...

Wonderful! I can't wait to see it!