Saturday, November 18, 2006

Beef Processing and Meat I.D. Contest

Well, here it is. Another post. Here's what we've done lately, Kaliste!

First of all, this is a decidedly agrarian process. As is quite obvious.

Introducing...Ribeye!

Well, a quarter of him.

Looks like he's still putting up a good fight!

He's becoming more manageable.

The meat saw was great.

Hungry anyone?

The tallow, which we saved for some reason other than to spoil in our freezer (though I am still uncertain as to what that reason is).








What would you call this?
















I call this a meat tenderizer.
Grinding beef.












Finished products.
















---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contest Time!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry. Bradshaws and Wiggins are disqualified for having already done it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is this?













---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for today, 11-20-2006, we had some good flurries! Exciting!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

9 comments:

kali marie said...

Meat from a cow? Maybe even Ribeye?

Laura said...

Perhaps I ought to be more clear in my instructions.

What CUT of meat is that?

kali marie said...

Well you didn't say that! I think I got the answer right!

guardian said...

I tell you, just to make all readers jealous, those were the best steaks I've ever had. MMMMMMMMM! We got the first ones, everybody. MMMMMMMMM. Now everybody has to go to the Bradshaws, right Laura?

Laura said...

Of course! We have quite a few more where those came from.

kali marie said...

What??? I am jealous...

Laura said...

Well, you are quite welcome to come and get one yourself!

The Lingo Clan said...

Mommy - Clean CUT
Tricia Ann - ShortCUT
Jacob - UpperCUT
Gimli - HairCUT
Banjo - CrewCUT
Daddy - USDA Outlaw CUT

kali marie said...

Believe me Laura, I'd be up there in a heartbeat (and not because of the world's best steaks), but it's really not that easy...

Hey, when is your contest over? You've got to announce a winner!