Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ladies time

Nothin' much has been goin' on 'round here on the farm. Mama, Claire, and I spent a wonderful weekend away from the farm, the chores, and the noise. Still, it was very nice to get back to the men. While we were away Friday, we watched the BBC mini-series "North and South" and "Wives and Daughters", went to Joann's, stepped into a bookstore, and perused a Marty and Liz shoe store (they didn't have any boots for ladies unfortunately). We then splurged on lunch at Macaroni Grill; the mushroom ravioli was delicious! I don't recommend the veal though. "North and South" was really good, and it just keeps getting better! "Wives and Daughters" was good up until the very last scene, so I'm going to ignore that and just make up my own. :) Joann's was just a business stop. I needed a zipper, and we all wanted to look at the denim (ridiculously priced unfortunately). Marty and Liz didn't have anything desirable, and we didn't see any boot outlet. Mama got a few books at the book store, and she got me a set of really nice classics to go in my hope chest! Saturday we slept in. We needed to do a little grocery shopping, so we went out for lunch. There was a man selling bar-b-cued ribs, and they were delicious! Then we went into a jewelry shop! I've been wanting a ring since my sixteenth birthday, and we haven't been able to find anything suitable. We finally found something!!! It has to be resized, but I should have it by the end of the week! Then we went back to Aunt Carol's house, and prepped for the Lord's Day (made the brownie mixes, and laid out our clothes). Then we watched the mini-series we hadn't watched the night before. We turned in rather early considering the last time we did this, around 11:30 pm. The next morning we had a nice reunion with our men, and a lovely day with our church family and friends.

I have also decided that perhaps I ought to use this here "Labels for this post" thing. I don't know if I'll go back and label all my past post, but I think I'll try to remember to do all my future posts. I think I'll have a lot of posts labeled "stuff"; creative, huh!

1 comment:

The Lingo Clan said...

What a delightful time y'all must have had!

Did you rent the movies? I've seen North and South at our local video store, but can't seem to locate Wives and Daughters. Maybe I'll just have to order it from Amazon or somewhere.

We're all looking so forward to seeing y'all this weekend!

Love,
Trish