Friday, September 28, 2007

Quick update

Well, I had thought to post some newer pictures of the farm, but I don't particularly care to walk around with a camera. So, instead of a nice post with pictures, I have to do a short, boring :) post.

Claire and Kyle are working on fitting school in the rather hectic schedule we have now. I'm trying to do what's expected of me, and finish Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. For the record, I still don't like it, but I've got to finish it. Mama calls that quality in me "obsessive-compulsive" adding that "that isn't always bad." I'm quite sick of novels at the moment though. I long to read a good history book about something I don't know a lot about (pretty much any part of history except Columbus and Colonial America). Any suggestions? Mama's either got a poetry course for me to take or she's working on it, but that seems almost as bad as a novel right now (probably because it's an assignment).

Anyway, the farm somehow continues to operate, most likely by Kyle and Daddy's most-capable hands. Grammy and Granddaddy worked in the garden with Luke this morning. Clarabelle's not doing as well in the stanchion as she was before. She's figured out how to get her hoof into the milking bucket, so, because of that, we haven't been getting as much milk lately. Chuck is getting bigger and darker. We're still expecting four Angus calves (I think it's four). The bits of rain we've occasionally been getting has done the pastures a world of good. I think we're getting four eggs a day now, but they're still tiny.

Well, I need to go wash the milking stuff now.

1 comment:

The Lingo Clan said...

Don't start that again! This is NOT a boring post! I like to hear what y'all have been doing.

Tricia Ann