Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Don't you hate it when...

You didn't get to bed until 1:30 am, and you have to get up in the morning.

Siblings loose your things.

You can't remember what you were about to say.

You get the brunt of a parent's anger even when you did nothing wrong.

It's bathroom cleaning day.

It's your week to fix breakfast/lunch/dinner and you can't come up with any ideas.

You've just sewn up three out of the four seams wrong.

It's portrait time.

You don't get anything done although it seems like you've been busy all day.

You have to dance with another girl even though there are perfectly capable boys standing around.

Your music teacher forces a smile and says "Well, that was... nice." or "Good try."

Your father automatically asks if we're having spaghetti because he knows it's your week to fix dinner.

Your room is an absolute wreck.

You have great aspirations for the coming year but rather low expectations as to how those aspirations will turn out.

Good friends pass up your road.

People don't blog for months on end.

Someone makes a list like this.


I could go on, but I don't think I will right now.

2 comments:

The Bradshaws said...

I love it when I realize...

I have a comfortable bed to sleep in.
I have things that may get lost.
My life is full and that sometimes challenges my memory.
I have parents that are alive and love me.
I have a bathroom to clean.
I don't have to questions if we'll eat, but rather what we'll eat.
My ladies are capable of making beautiful, modest garments.
It's not portrait time most of the year.
I have many things to do.
I am too clumsy to dance but am still able-bodied enough to work.
I have musically-inclined children who delight my heart with the sounds of bluegrass.
My oldest daughter is cooking dinner next week and I love spaghetti.
I live in a beautiful, warm, house.
I am able to aspire to great things.
We have the absolute best friends in the world and those friends are a part of our church body and my children's friends are the children of my friends.
Life is more important than blogs.
My brilliant daughter is witty, loving, kind and has a knack for writing and saying things that challenge me on many levels. May the Lord bless her abundantly all the days of her life.
Love,
Daddy

The Bradshaws said...

Don't you hate it when...

...


...


I forgot.

Love,
Mama