Monday, December 04, 2006

A New Farm Experience

I finally got that farm experience I have wondered about ever since we have had cows. I helped Kyle and Daddy pull a calf this morning! Okay, so that normally is not a good thing, but I think it was very educational. Made all the more so by the 15 degree weather! We should have tagged the little thing when we were able to catch it, but Daddy was afraid that it would not even live. Now the calf is very much alive and sort of even bouncing around a little. Perhaps we will still be able to catch it; I think we will if it turns out to be as friendly as its mother (we are all hoping it will be)! Our 47 is going to be a good mother I think, though perhaps not as protective as our other cows. I have already been able to go up and touch 47 as well as her calf without any opposition! With our others you could not even go near the calf without the cow coming after you.

No comments: