Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Pick'n Parlor

Last night was opening night for this new enterprise we're working on. We had a packed house too! The Pick'n Parlor is an experiment really. We are leasing the building and things from the previous operators so we didn't really have to start from scratch. Uncle Craig is head manager and chef; Daddy is another head manager chef; Uncle Craig hired four waiters who were absolute lifesavers last night; I mainly did dishes (I've never done so many dishes in my life- okay, maybe my whole life's-worth combined); Mama and Claire helped do the dishes some too. After about an hour of dish washing I started wondering how many times I had washed this fork or that bowl, etc. I am still wondering. The major crisis of the night was that we nearly ran out of utensils (we actually may have I'm not sure). Uncle Craig decided that a meat-n-three place uses more utensils than a soup and sandwich place. I have already learned to appreciate the people in the back more through just last night's work.

I am going to start taking mandolin lessons from Claire's fiddle teacher and the national fiddle champion, Tom Brantley!

Today Claire, Kyle, and I are going to go dancing at this event, in full costume! We are going from there to the Pick'n Parlor for another night of work.

No comments: