Friday, February 16, 2007

Irony

I was just quickly skimming over some of Mama and Daddy's old blog posts when I came across this one and I noticed that Mama said that Heritage was just too far away for us to worship with regularly. This is no longer the case! Just a few months after the barn raising we started making a church three and a half hours away our church home. We have been regularly going ever since not regretting the long drive in the least! We still are amazed to think "Not a rotten apple in the bunch!" The fellowship just gets sweeter! The family that wasn't able to make it for the barn raising is now living on our land (they got back today, by the way!). It has been really neat getting to know the Heritage folks; it makes me feel now like we're not the only oddly-shaped apples in the basket! Some things never change though. Even though we usually see our church family every week, the end of the day is always the same: we still hate to leave. However, the pain of separation is much abated because the parting is not indefinite!

It would be really neat to have a barn raising reunion now! Maybe we'll just have to have everybody up for a hog killin' and bar-b-cue! I don't know anything about pigs, or at least not much, so maybe you can't eat a pig soon after you kill it. Well, we can at least have beef of some sort. There's always the chili/soup fall-back too, or maybe we'll all just sit around eating pop corn. Heritage church family, I (and I think I can safely say so for the rest of the family too) can't thank y'all enough for allowing us to be apart of it all (I can't really describe it, it's every aspect of your lives I think)!

We miss you, Lingo's!

2 comments:

guardian said...

We feel the same way. I like the reunion idea. I think that it should be a pork-fest. Bacon, pork chops, pork rinds, country ham, city ham, biscuits, and sweet tea.

You think you miss the Lingos!?!?!?! You just stayed with them. Try going without them for weeks and months on end. Miserable, I say.

Claire B. said...

Let's face it, we all miss them! No matter how recently you've seen them, you always want to see them again.

BTW Chris, a reunion's great, but it'll have to wait awhile if you want to have all that pork! At least some of it has to smoke and/or age first.