Friday, September 15, 2006

Another Broiler Batch


Last night, the Wiggin's brought over the batch of broiler chicks we are sharing. We decided not to use cornish-cross (a.k.a. frankenchicks), but we are doing a couple of different "breeds" of broilers. Right now I couldn't say what birds are what kind! The birds are several weeks old now. The Wiggin's started them, and we are finishing them off at our place so as to have them here for the slaughtering.

I am very satisfied with the results from the cornish-cross we killed. We just had to figure out how to cook them, but the last couple we have had have been very good! I hope these turn out as just as good. I have only been out to the "tractor" once, but I can already tell that they are not nearly as disgusting as the previous batch!

1 comment:

kali marie said...

Alright, I posted something new on my blog, so now it's your turn!