Thursday, April 05, 2007

Things

Kyle is 12 years old today. He rarely looks at my blog, but I'll tell him 'Happy Birthday' here anyway. Happy birthday, Kyle! I told him in person, too!

Claire and I have a recital coming up on the 21st. Our first bluegrass recital. We have chosen "Bluegrass Breakdown," "Harvest Home Hornpipe," "O'Keefe's Slide," "Drowsy Maggie," and "Clinch Mountain Backstep" for our pieces. It's just going to be Mr. Brantley's students. We're playing at (of course) the Pickin' Parlor.

Then on the 29th (I think) our community band has a thing to do at Granddaddy's church for their fifth Sunday fellowship thingy. We get to play for an hour.

Last night we made a batch of soap. Don't know if it will turn out right, but we did it!

Today we've been out in the berry patch garden picking up rocks. And more rocks, and more rocks, and more rocks, etc. Kyle, Mr. Tent-dweller, and Elijah have been working on the cattle chute since lunch.

The asparagus is coming in well lately.

The cold weather has kinda stunted the dogwoods in the front yard.

We're apparently slaughtering one of our bulls Saturday. I didn't find that out until this morning! Daddy wants to take advantage of the cold weather. Too bad we can't do both at the same time! We just don't have enough room in the basement.

I can't think of anything else to blog about right now, so here's a picture of our boys two or three years ago. I love the picture, but things sure have changed since then! You just have to think "Luke, my boy! You need a haircut!"

1 comment:

The Lingo Clan said...

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

Love,
The Lingo Clan