Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Guess I'll Blog Again

I don't have much time though. So it's really just going to be a quick update.

Clarabelle still hasn't had her calf yet. Lily still has a problem with chasing her (that's what ended the life of one dog, and got another sent away from here). The Tent-dwellers' have started construction. They are able to get about one beam done a day; they have eight to do. I can't wait to see this completed! It's so exciting! We have been continually working on the berry patch garden. Late last week we put lime on it, and followed that with horse manure. We didn't hill up our beds yesterday because of the rain. Instead, we used the Wiggins' chipper/shredder extensively. Elijah, Kyle, and I were out in the brush pile behind the carport/garage all day! We got six or eight bags of chipper mulch, but we still have some stuff to shred. We're planning on using the mulch on the walkway between the beds in the berry patch garden. Daddy gave us his plans to put up the last pig fence yesterday; we'll probably work on that today or tomorrow. We're getting twenty-five Barred Rock chicks next week for layers. I hope we can keep them alive; I really am wanting some of our own eggs again. Oh, our "gig" (I guess that's what you'd call it) Sunday evening went really well. The Church of God people liked to clap, and they could do it in time! That helped Kyle and me stay on the beat! (Yeah, we have a bit of a problem with that occasionally) We were exposed to a lot of new stuff there. Coming from the liturgical Methodist background, I had never experienced anything like this. During the congregational prayer(maybe during other prayers, too) everyone prayed their own prayer as loud as the pastor prayed. It seemed a bit chaotic to me, therefore it also seemed irreverent. It was fun though. The Baptist preacher who was going to give the message the next night (it was a revival) closed it with a prayer. He sounded kind of like an auctioneer to me, but Daddy said that there is a word for the rhythmic way he prayed and that it is highly prized by some. He couldn't think of the word though.

No comments: