Friday, March 02, 2007

Unusual, Unexpected, and Unprepared!

Clarabelle's going to calve soon! Any day now! Apparently the Ridings' thought that she had miscarried this past summer, but it seems now that she didn't. We are going to be working hard tomorrow to try to get the barn ready with stalls and do some of the other necessary preparations. This was quite a surprise to us because we didn't think she would calve until sometime this summer! We have to get the Lingo's up soon! Tricia Ann has to help us get started with this milking thing. We don't have a milking machine, a stall to milk her in, or even a trough to feed her in! Somehow we will make do and have things ready by the time. We will have to be ready!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my, what fun! How exciting! Stressful not having things ready, but I'm sure the Lord will provide. I hope you'll be able to do a photo commentary on the birth.

Laura said...

I will make no promises other than that we will probably have pictures of the calf, and that I will post them when we get them. Whether it will be pictures of the birth or not, I don't know.